In 2019 Cannon Building was rated one of the top places to work by the Orange County Business Journal. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team!
About the Company
Cannon Building, a successful commercial General Contractor, is seeking a motivated, skilled, and experienced Life Science Project Manager for our Los Angeles/Orange County office. We are a leading Life Science, Healthcare, and Commercial/Industrial builder who provides high efficiency, cost-effective construction solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and quality.
The Project Manager has responsibility for the overall management of the construction projects to ensure client satisfaction and the profitability of projects. This position will manage the project costs, schedule, safety, and quality while providing leadership in the completion of our projects. In the role of Project Manager, it is especially important that he/she be successful in working with the project Superintendents and provide training and mentorship to for Project Engineers and other members of the team.
Provide administration and technical expertise in the management of assigned construction projects; to include the management of owner/client, design consultants and subcontractors, as well as, the project team ensuring a successful outcome for all parties. This position will also create value though planning, organization and leadership.
- Provide leadership by using effective verbal and written communication to manage the owner/client, architect and consultants, as well as, the project team in all phases of the work. This includes developing and motivating teamwork between all parties.
- Understand and implement general conditions and requirements of the contracts associated with each project while monitoring the contract documents for conformance and execution.
- Employ Project Management Systems to manage and control the project documentation and cost controls. Supervise and monitor the preparation and reporting of RFI logs, submittal logs, testing and inspection reports, safety inspections and reports, change order logs and other related reports documents.
- Prepare, monitor and update the project schedule. Review and coordinate with the Superintendent’s “look ahead” schedules and document delays to the project. Establish material delivery schedules/logs and integrate into the project schedule.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of subcontracts and purchase orders, oversee the execution of the subcontract requirements and manage subcontractor claims.
- Prepares monthly cost reports and participates in monthly job cost reviews to review project status.
- Verification of owner/client billings, subcontractor billings and account receivables.
- Participate in Operations and Safety meetings to help facilitate and enforce jobsite safety at all times and the establishment of project emergency plans.
- Organize project meetings, prepare meeting minutes and provide leadership and control to insure that all parties understand their obligations and that they follow through.
- Management of project close out procedures including monitoring of punch list to completion, preparation of warranties and operations manuals.
- Involvement in related industry organizations such as ISPE and others to develop business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Professional development through continuing education and accreditations such as DBIA, LEED and others related to the construction industry.
- Understand construction techniques to a relatively high degree in principle and practice including fundamentals of reinforced concrete, wood framing methods and engineering detail, as well as electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems.
- Ability to recognize problems and produce workable alternative solutions that meet the owner/clients expectations. Proactively solves problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of CPM scheduling methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Procore.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of position-related experience. At least 5+ years of Life Science Construction experience.
- Knowledge of commercial construction, construction management, contractor’s state license law, business management concepts, logistics planning and coordination.
If you enjoy a challenge, are team-oriented, and have a minimum of 10+ years of Life Science and Healthcare construction experience, please submit your resume.
Cannon Building is an Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to environmental awareness and providing a safe drug-free workplace. We offer competitive salaries, 401(k) with employer matching, a comprehensive benefit package (Health, Vision, Dental, Voluntary Life and AD&D), and the excitement of a growing company on the move.
Job Type: Full-time