Cannon Building is looking for a Project Engineer intern to join our team in Placentia, California. Interns will be exposed to a variety of experiences and hands-on training including creating bid instructions for subcontractors, working closely with our estimating department on bid preparation and logistics, independent and supervised job walks, exposure to BidMail software, quantity/material takeoffs, and much more. Interns will also work closely with other Cannon Building departments to familiarize themselves with current and future projects as well as company policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with Cannon Building culture, services, benefits, procedures, and co-workers.
- Partake in on-the-job training with supervisor/manager to comfortably interact with Cannon Building departments and subcontractors.
- Attend job walks to help gain a better understanding of potential projects (take pictures, take notes, ask questions).
- Become familiar with future projects with an aim to assist team in determining trades, scope, etc.
- Perform quantity/material takeoffs for projects currently bidding.
- Analyze subcontractor proposals to determine if entire project scope is covered.
- Email or call subcontractors to walk them through specific tasks within their scope to ensure complete scope coverage between trades.
- Work closely with estimating department to assist with bid preparation and logistics.
- Paid internship with 90-day performance review followed by annual evaluation. (Potential – but not necessarily guaranteed – opportunity for full-time employment after graduation.)