In 2019 Cannon Building was rated one of the top places to work by the Orange County Business Journal. We are looking for laborers to join our growing team!
About the Company
Cannon Building, a successful commercial General Contractor, is seeking motivated and skilled laborers for our Los Angeles/Orange County and San Diego offices. We are a leading Life Science, Healthcare, and Commercial/Industrial builder who provides high efficiency, cost-effective construction solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and quality.
A laborer is responsible for the majority of physical labor performed by our jobsite team. This position will be expected to
cooperate and work productively with jobsite team members and all other subcontractor trades.
- Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn all aspects of construction.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have the aptitude to become proficient in the use of drills, skill saws, hammer drills, etc.
- Push a wheelbarrow full of concrete, bricks, etc.
- Lift and carry forms, lumber, tools, and numerous other materials and tools.
- Assist excavation or backfill activities with the use of a pick and shovel.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Perform general clean up around the job site.
- Perform all of the above functions in a safe manner in order to avoid personal injury or equipment damage.
The following skills are not mandatory to a laborer level 1. However, they are helpful to the company and those that are
proficient in these skills will be looked upon favorably with regard to advancement.
- Metal stud framing
Qualifications and Skills
- Must work quickly, productively and safely without error and consistently meet the production goals as set by the
Foreman, Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Must consistently produce quality workmanship as judged by Company standards as well as those set forth by OSHA
- Must have reliable transportation and report to work on time every day scheduled.
- Must possess a current valid CA driver’s license in order to operate any company vehicles.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary)
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry 100 lbs. with help.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, and work at heights in order to access equipment, tools,
materials, and jobsite in order to complete work.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary in order to achieve the goals of the company.
- Must complete safety training within 6 months of hire date (all training will be provided) Including:
- Scissor lift
- Harness use
- First aid
- OSHA 10
This position will get direction and must follow instructions given by a Foreman, Superintendent, Project Manager, and
Safety Director. Reports to Field operations manager.
We have a strong commitment to environmental awareness and providing a safe, drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive salaries, 401(k) with employer matching, a comprehensive benefit package (Health, Vision, Dental, AD&D), and the excitement of a growing company on the move.
Job Type: Hourl